Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Travels with Tom - Part 3

Tom and I made it to Bethesda pretty well, although we took a tour of the Dolly Madison Highway somewhere in Langley, Virginia, home of the CIA, which was not supposed to be part of the route.  I have to admit that it was all my fault and not Tom's, although sometimes I just wish he would say, "Okay, dumbass, four hundred yards doesn't mean the very next driveway."  I have learned when he quips, "Take a left turn and then another left turn," what he really means is "Turn around, idiot."  I guess I'm just not used to men with good manners.

Speaking of the few men with good manners, my brother and his family are fine.   We had a nice dinner in Potomac, Maryland, and then we spent a while reminiscing about times gone by, which was a lot of fun.

This morning, Tom and I are on our way to Kutztown to see Nancy.  That's if I can find some gas first.  I bet there are some gas stations on the Dolly Madison Highway, but then again, I'm not sure if the CIA will be comfortable with my visiting them again quite so soon.


6 comments:

Jean said...

Glad to see your update and learn you and Tom are moving along splendidly!

Olga said...

Have you started talking back to Tom yet?

Kate said...

Nice little series, Marcia. I've been thinking of a little Tom-Tom, or one of his relatives. And I like the idea of borrowing one! hadn't thought of that.
Enjoy your adventure!

nazelet said...

I am now officially itching to gab my TT and go on a trip, just the two of us.
I'm wondering - does the Dolly Madison HIghway have frilly borders and a sweet pink rick-racked divider. Do they serve ice-cream on the way? Like bottled water for marathoners? I have know idea why that just popped into my head as I read your newest entry.
I hope you were careful not to leave your car unattended near Langley. Those track-'em chips slide in under the radar.
Oy. I see this is going to be a very trying day for me.
Will you post photos?

nazelet said...

gab=grab. I even proof read,

Brig said...

What a great adventure. Wow to you and Tom getting along so well, you go girl.

Falalala Lalalala

  A couple of weekends ago, Joe and I, along with our friend Janice, attended a Christmas concert performed by the Marietta Pops Orchestra, ...